Thursday, January 19, 2023

15,976. ONE FACTOR OF WISE

ONE FACTOR OF WISE 
Something accumulates, and if we don't know
what it is it remains nameless until there's too
much of it to ignore. I was once like that. I moved
forth stealthily, Tompkins Square from east 11th,
and a few other places from there. The battlements
were always standing.
-
The labyrinth of tenements I sourced through could
make a blind man see again : myriads of Christobels.
Foodstands and coffee stands. Grand Central stairways
and train-track tubes. Blubbers of people. Eateries too.
-
I lived by night, the midnight mansion of the heart
was roomy and always open. Walking the darkened
streets, 1967 pulsing in my veins, watching taxicabs
and delivery vans collide : Men at night, throwing
freight from trucks, on loading docks lit by yellow
lights.

No comments: