Thursday, January 12, 2023

15,933. HEIDINGER

SCIENTIST  HEIDINGER
Hardly had I awakened today before the new
sky was greeting me again : This time, snow!
An acceptable derivation of the transformation
of water, thought I. And then I went over and
into the other room  -  where my task was to
resuscitate fire! How strange to face in such
quick succession these two forms of transforming
matter! I felt like an Age of Reason scientist
once more trying to understand the unfolding
world. Not a word had been spoken, and in
my silence I solaced my own sterile world.
Henley Heidinger was my new name!
-
Outside all was white, and still. Last night's
snowfall was over and  -  much like ash  -  
the resultant ground cover as pretty total. An
equivalent to the bottom residue of a fire, for
sure. And on the ground the world was white,
with its - also silent - new ash of snow?

No comments: