Tuesday, October 31, 2017

10,117. I HAD TO WATCH

I HAD TO WATCH
If you've tried convincing someone they
were wrong, you'll know it's impossible 
to do. Such unconvincing talk is like an
experimental writing, as in 'What are
you trying to do?' Inexplicable. You.
-
I've tried. He still jumped. Coming around
the corner one fair morning, I saw they 
had his body in a bag, pretty much right
where he'd landed  -  and the upstairs
loft window, I could also see, was wide 
open, gaping, with glass on the ground.
-
I'll have to admit, he left quite a sidewalk
stain. Within six hours, after some tape-
measure stuff and investigation, after
they'd paced the street and photographed
the site, and measured some distances,
their crew came by in a cream-colored 
truck with bold letters about Crime-Scene
Cleansing or something, and power-washed 
the street and walkway. I had to watch.

No comments: