Tuesday, October 17, 2017

10,064. MY NEWLY ELONGATED COOKIE-CUTTER

MY NEWLY ELONGATED 
COOKIE-CUTTER
I did it myself and I didn't know 
anything. All I did was stretch it 
out and I made cookies two-feet
long. It was really great but there
was no place then to put them and
thank God they weren't supposed
to be put out for sale on some 
grocer's shelf because I'm told 
the seller has to pay for shelf space,
and I'd go broke. Whoever heard of 
a two-foot cookie? 'Next time you 
have a great idea, kid, make sure it's 
practical first.' Ken, the grocer nearby 
my house, said that. I guess that's how
regular people think. So then I told 
him about my plans for my ship to 
the Moon. Rubber-belt driven, with
a suspension thrust in a globe of 
pure silver that, once off the ground, 
consumes itself for fuel and -  perfectly 
timed  -  gets you to the moon with 
nothing at all to do but float on down.
He laughed, and then  -  handing me 
an all-day sucker from the counter on 
which he was leaning  -  said, 'Yeah, 
yeah, pretty good. But have you ever
considered you have to get back?

No comments: