Monday, October 9, 2017

10,039. SETTLING THOR'S HAMMER

SETTLING THOR'S HAMMER
Once you get somewhere swearing that
you know the language of that place, and 
then find out you do not, the surprise 
sequence really begins happening quickly. 
In Schoppensfeld, Sweden I ordered some 
coffee on a bright Spring morning and 
chocolate was brought out instead. 'I do 
not like chocolate,' I said, 'please take 
this back.' She said I would soon be okay.
Then, that very same week, over in Oslo,
having continued this journey, the man with
the cane came over to me and asked if I knew
Munch. Of course I was taken aback  -  these
language tricks are awfully testing. I just
smiled, and nodded, over towards the 
corner, where a young child was screaming 
at its mother as they sat and tried for comfort 
and ease. That was also the name of 
the lunch-place we were in.

No comments: