Monday, October 30, 2017

10,109. IN THE STORM

IN THE STORM
Isn't it always the way  - you have
to target something, I guess, to focus
attention on a pinpoint piece, concentrate
the action of what you are feeling. I am
sitting in a storm, behind window and
walls, yes, so no real danger, but it howls
and I hear the full rain. The fire sirens too
are going off, and I wonder, first, 'it's not
me; I wonder what's now happened? A
housefire, or a car wreck in the raging
storm?' Either one, these days, mostly
draws the firetrucks too. I'll never know,
unless I see some sort of burnt-out wreckage
tomorrow sometime, or someone tells me 
in a non-human way, what's going on. 
The way we have it now, I mean : news by
newsfeed, little blurbs of local junk, and
cheap headlines from some snark lurking
around courthouses and law offices.
Hard to get away from all of that : like
people with pets, one dog leads to 
another dog, and that dog has an owner, 
and the next thing you know there's 
another because he or she knows him 
or her. A maze of useless information 
while you're trying to focus
while holding a leash.

No comments: