Sunday, October 22, 2017

10,079. GERMANY BROUGHT US LENIN, LENIN BROUGHT US STALIN

GERMANY BROUGHT US LENIN,
LENIN BROUGHT US STALIN
And isn't that the way of this old-world
history. I think I'll just sit here and bask.
They tell me this is Princeton, those
guidebook fools rating colleges and
universities  -  by the heights of their
trees and ivy. Really, I think that's
all they care about. I have so many
momentary choices : I can curse the
left while I join the right; I can join
the right while cursing the left. It was
much better when - I used to know
Shirley Tilghman, and see her in the
morning for coffee, the dead-end lines
of morning sharpies grouped to have
their Joes and Toffees. The blond lady,
too, Dean of something or other, and
curse me out but I now forget her
name. But don't tell, if you see her.
I used to sit with C.K. Williams too:
fine old guy, dead now, alas. He
seemed so grousing all the time.
Unlike knucklehead Paul Muldoon
who used to talk a blue streak to every
lass and widow he'd see. Funny, and
totally different cat. Yeah, I knew a
bunch. "I was staying at the Marriot
with Jesus and John Wayne. I was 
waiting for a chariot, they were
waiting for a train."

No comments: