Thursday, October 12, 2017

10,050. THE CRAZY-MAN DRIVE

THE CRAZY-MAN DRIVE
When the sun comes up on my block,
it always seems crooked, leaning,
in some way askew. Don't get me
wrong, each day turns out alright,
or at least it mostly seems so.
-
I have little to go by, actually, for if
you do not experience the 'alternative,'
whichever it may have been, or would 
have been, how would one sense the
difference? For good or bad  -  which
are just relative terms by our own
flex-standards anyway. I can't judge.
-
I try to see, in the mornings, how the
birds feel about this  -  by listening,
I mean, no direct contact. But they
always seem the same, as if none of
that ever matters. So I end up just
sitting round, pacing myself with
ideas,  thoughts about what to do.
-
Then it all gets straightened out : 
the sun no longer seems crooked, 
or leaning, the sky around it seems 
normal, and the path it takes across 
the sky doesn't seem to vary. So, 
then, who am I? Should I go, 
or should I tarry? 

No comments: