Wednesday, October 4, 2017

10,025. COMES WITH A SET OF TOOLS

COMES WITH A SET OF TOOLS
I was off the ranch today, roaming.
The salad bar where I rest my shoes, 
they wouldn't let me in at noon. They
just pointed, and said, 'Go away,
pardner, go away. You're giving
me heartburn today.' It was sort
of expected but still a surprise.
-
Is that a contradiction? I couldn't
tell. A guy came running up the
streetside today, yelling out, 'Tom
Petty is dead!' I tripped him, so he'd
stay there and let me talk. I said:
'Did you say dead? or Dad?' One
of those 'Floriday' accents, you see.
So, he screamed, 'Dea-d!'
-
I nodded, and got in his face. 'What 
did he ever do? He stole the E-flat 
sequence from 'Wooly Booly', you
know, to make 'I Won't Back Down.'
Never paid a penny, but he sued
everyone else for stealing his junk.'
-
This I said, 'Good riddance to bad
rubbish, get a grip, man,' and  the
guy hauled off and walloped 
me one but good.

No comments: