Saturday, October 7, 2017

10,034. YELLOW-POWERED CANDELABRA

YELLOW-POWERED 
CANDELABRA
I am afraid to have traveled far, maybe
too far, for the destination I was gaming.
Now it is all behind me. I am kettle-drum
harsh, I am liquor-store liquid; a dark, amber
flow.  All that is left for me to do is to sit here
at this curb and let all those others pass. The
few who I will know, they will not even notice
I am here. Just another curbside loser, the bum
with no cards, the drunk with no bottle. 
And all of that will have to do.
-
One time, long back, I knew a girl who thought
the world of me. I walked her home and found
she lived in a cave beneath a tree. We spoke for
hours before she disappeared. Things like that,
they just forever baffle me, and to this day,
I wonder still where she has gone.

No comments: