Wednesday, February 22, 2023

16,093. WELCOME HOME

WELCOME HOME
Nothing for me but these 
expectations. Blimey, sordid,
matter. I'm watching too many
old people now, and they stare.
The one man doesn't realize the
water fountain has been turned
off. I guess he slept through Covid.
-
The sweet-looking old lady, on
the bench by herself at the 
corner, seems mesmerized by 
the weather-TV that's on in the 
corner. I'd bet she's had a 
salacious past.
-
These waiting room moments are
killers. This hospital seems crazy:
First you sign in, then they ask you
the very same questions they asked
you yesterday: 'Have you been out
of the country in the last 30 days?'
'Have you been treated or diagnosed
for Covid in the last 3 months?' Any
contact with anyone who has Covid?'
-
I like to say 'Yes' to all three. Just to
get their gourd. And then I cough and
gag in their window.

No comments: