Monday, February 13, 2023

16,067. EAGLE-EYED EAGLE?

EAGLE-EYED EAGLE?
For three days now an eagle has 
landed on the icy pond below us.
I call it a pond, though it may be
a lake. Or the other way around
too. Nomenclature always kills
me. 
-
We get the eagles overhead oftentimes,
but I've never actually watched as one
alights onto the ice. One time, the day
before yesterday, some lady had pulled
over at the side of the local road to watch.
I asked her what was up, when I got down
there, thinking maybe she had a problem.
She said no, and that she was just fascinated
by the bird  -  how large and how beautiful
it was when seen up close. It sort of made
her day.
-
It then flew off. No noise, just a clean
take-off from the ice. Beats me what goes
on in Eagle-land about now. The ice is solid,
and I'd figure any fish are deep down and in
their fishy half-slumber.
-
The lady drove off as well . I stayed and lingered 
a little bit, in much the same way as
did the bird.

No comments: