Tuesday, February 14, 2023

16,069. I AIM FOR SOLICITUDE

I AIM FOR SOLICITUDE
Backing up gently with my mind,
I listened at the very same time as
 the winds of spirit lifted me up.
I had long ago decided to make
my words mean something more 
than just that. I truly wished
to transform the world.
-
Now I am too old and infirm for
any more of that piffle, and I gauge
myself, alone, for speaking my mind
wherever it will lead. Bread, water
and crust will be my only sustenance.
-
This day means nothing without its
mission, as the extraordinary long
line of darkness stretches across time.
We cannot all share good fortune, so
take one's downs along without the
ups. I shade Bakersfield like Hopalong
Cassidy ate the dust. Bitter remarks
as the sagebrush flees. Padre Erins
will be arriving from the mission, 
soon. So I must get things in order
and soon prepare some food.
(Hot chili peppers in the
blistering sun?)..,

No comments: