Wednesday, February 22, 2023

16,092. I LIKE A LOT OF THINGS

I LIKE A LOT OF THINGS
I like a lot of things: I like all
the books on all my shelves, and
wouldn't lose them for minute.
I like the cars I keep in my drive;
the way the look different in the
varied kinds of light. I like my
leisure time now, the way I can
do what I want to do. I like the
water here that's free, as it just
comes out of the ground, the way
God intended. I like the lay of
land, as it seems to sway and to
ripple with all its little rises and 
dips. I love the way there are so
few around. We simply come and
go together, and just as we please.
-
It's a real adornment of expectation:
something tomorrow, or maybe not.
We just stay around as we please, at
ease; never looking, but for always
something. Battlements of the ages,
please come forth.

No comments: