Sunday, February 19, 2023

16,085. NEVER MIND

NEVER MIND
I went to the pet store today, to
find a brush for a pitiful weasel.
The guy at the counter said 'We
ain't got nothing for weasels. Try
CVS; they have brushes and combs.'
I knew he was in no mood to sell me
anything  -  not even for a rabbit or
a fish. You have to be careful today
about most anything you say. I said,
'Well how about something for a
pitiful easel? Mine only has three
legs?' 
-
He didn't get it at all. You see, all
easels have three legs, and to be
'pitiful' an easel would say have 
two, or even four (and they should 
ALL be even, whatever however
many their number), but he wouldn't
get, I knew. Sometimes logic takes
more than just a cash-register and
some keys, allied with an empty
mind. Or, as he had, none. So I
just said, 'Never mind', and left.

No comments: