Monday, February 13, 2023

16,068. MY SLOVENLY DISPOSITON

MY SLOVENLY DISPOSITON
Someone said to me once that I had a
great disposition. Years ago, when I
was maybe 15. I hardly even knew
what they meant, so I had to look it 
up. I realized, later, that I'd never had
that opinion of myself at all.
-
I figured I was a slovenly creature, not
worth being seen. A priesthood to hide
in would be pretty keen. No? So, I began
to watch my habits and traits. Was I good
at this position? Did dogs and cats take
to me. Well, yes an no.
-
In general, what did I have  -  all these
weirdly adult names: Deportment, 
disposition, attitude, and approach. I
couldn't get a one of them right. They
made me uncomfortable just to be near.
I kept silent, trying not to be seen.
-
That's the story of an ill-managed life?

No comments: