Saturday, February 18, 2023

16,082. I DECLINE

 I DECLINE
Quasimodo wore a sort of hat, as
I recall, much like a sock that clung
close to his skull and hung down too?
Now I wonder how close to what he
actually wore that is. I decline to look
if up or check it out, because it simply
no longer matters to me, and I don't 
care. It's been so long since I saw that
film, probably forty years, that any of
it I may remember is dwarfed by time.
-
I remember being sad for him, however
that would have been, and not much
concerned about his hat; if there even
was one. It little matters now, and what 
passes more for reality is the memory
anyway. Probably the sort of film that
gets you only once, at a certain period
of your life.
-
Molten lead was it, pouring down off
the towers of Notre Dame? Was he a
madman in the throes of some crazy
fixation that had driven him extreme?
I can't rightly even remember that, let
alone the question of a hat.


No comments: