Thursday, September 22, 2022

15,617. DREARY IS AS DREARY DOES?

DREARY IS AS DREARY DOES?
Signpost. Meaning. Significance.
Three notes across the road. A man
goes by in a loud red car. Why would
he do that? Performance unexcelled
must always equal noise? It was a
nice car, I grant - the kind they don't
make anymore, and wouldn't know
how to even if they did.
-
I realize so easy how far away I am.
Turbo and straight-pipes. Metallic 
paint and fender skirts? Things like
that are pretty dated, yeah. I go into
a sulk now, about all the things I've
missed : Moonshine and tight babes;
drive-in movies and open-pit garages.
-
I used to thrive to drink and ride.
104 mph on the GSParkway was
nothing to me at all  -  screaming 
between cars at high rates of speed.
Motorcycle venom and club-guys
poised for trouble and hate. Blues.
Freddy. That Irish Brandon guy,
who used to run Third Street. They
were good fellows.
-
What's it all for? Times that passes
like lethal vapor; a sad man with too
many stupid memories. Dreary is as
dreary does?

No comments: