Monday, September 12, 2022

15,580. HINELINE ACRES

HINELINE ACRES 
Distressed and battered, I grow
distraught : fences are broken 
and the horses run free. I need 
to chase them down? The local
firehouse is still cleaning up
from a Pulled Pork festival two
days before. Across the street, the
lady is selling expensive pies. I
can't figure this life out, as much
as I try. I tremble before God, but
it seems to do not much good. 
-
Why do people go where they go?
And how do they match their own
intentions to that which they end
up doing? My friend George said
he won three-hundred dollars on
his scratch-off lottery five-dollar
ticket. But he admits, it probably
has cost him five-hundred to do it.
-
I haven't seen a factory smokestack
in three years. I consider that a real
achievement, seeing as how they 
used to be everywhere. No smoke,
no bother. It's an easy life in the
country lanes.

No comments: