Monday, September 12, 2022

15,583. MEMORIAL

MEMORIAL
Tithings from some silly church,
and a greeting from the Honesdale
Bank. I wonder if it's the branch
bank, or the main one? They're
only some two miles apart.
-
People get adamant over things 
like that. 'I'm not walking downtown,
I need a branch in the Plaza. next to
Dunkin', and next to MacDonald's.
It shouldn't matter to them, I just
want convenience.' 
-
So they saunter in, with their checks
and deposits. I see the young kid, with
his Mom, just ahead of me. He just
got his license and has purchased a
car  -  used, nothing special, but to
him it's his world. Mom's guiding
him along, but to her it's nothing
of any special import. 
-
She turns to me, and says, 'I just hope
he'll be safe; you know how kids can
get, with a car.' I wanted to say, 'Why
you telling me? I didn't get my license
until I was 19, and could not have cared
less. Tell him to move to the city; you
don't even need a car.'
-
The Dollar Store has just opened for
business; another day, another dollar?

No comments: