Saturday, November 11, 2017

10,162. WELL KNAVE, WE HAVE DIFFERENT TIMES TOGETHER THEN

WELL KNAVE, WE HAVE
DIFFERENT TIMES
TOGETHER THEN
Lift the heavy pen, fat-man,
and sign me off a check. Write
the numbers as big as you wish, 
because I sure do need that stream.
I've never known such high finance as
this. I'd like to just buy that mountain
cabin and thus live unrestrained. We
can call the hilltop Mount Vapor, and
I'll be the only occupant around.
-
I like the old Greek Gods, better than
anything else anyway : Jupiter, Apollo,
Bacchus, and Juno. They each huff
and they puff, as they throw lightning
bolts and thunder around; heaving the
world with fire and sound. Manipulate
events for me, then, Manolo. Make
all this mine. 
-
The street on the left, it leads to Payne's
Roadhouse. I've gone a few times, it's
the only place that's near  -  and though
what you're looking for you sometimes
can find, I doubt you'll find it there.


No comments: