Tuesday, November 28, 2017

10,224. THE GREAT LEGERDEMAIN

THE GREAT LEGERDEMAIN
Atticus post is the newspaper in Eden.
Eden, Oklahoma anyway  -  where I read
they hung slaves out to dry. Where I read
they hired Injuns to die. What kind of
history is all this? I once knew a girl
named Mychelle  - her spelling  -  whose
father ran a tanning shop on some leftover
Indian reservation. We used to laugh, for
where I came from that would mean a sun
lamp or two, and some casket-like thing
ladies got into. For them it meant hides.
Which poisoned their waters. Go figure : 
would you want a nice summery complexion
or poisoned water beyond detection? She
never really said, one way or the other.
I think she'd have wanted both.
-
Some people have a compulsion to straighten 
things out; others, to really mess them up.

No comments: