Wednesday, November 15, 2017

10,176. TROCADERO

TROCADERO
I wanted that to be
mine, an old car, it 
was named, called ,
a Trocadero, I think;
It had a ringtone like a
hammer, and went 204
miles per hour, sitting
still, cruising, it felt 
like. I drove one once,
just once, all the way 
down, I went, to Trenton 
and back. I took old Route
One, where it separates
down there at Lawrence
or wherever that is. The old
road, it says, runs through 
a business district, but it's
not really, just a string of
roadside stores, like plazas,
where you've got to have a
car to park; well, know what
I mean? Of course you've
got to have a car to park, 
otherwise you wouldn't be
parking. I guess I meant 
you've got to have a car 
to get there. To park? No
that doesn't work either.
The hell with it, don't go
Man I hate the precision
that language sometimes
call for.

No comments: