Wednesday, November 15, 2017

10,180. BRODY AT HIS LEISURE WORLD SUITE

BRODY AT HIS 
LEISURE WORLD SUITE
It seems like every morning I
wake up broke, and just tell 
myself I'll be rich by four. It's
always a lie, but nothing bad
ever happens from it. Of course,
I'm still broke when it comes, but, 
hey, what can any man do about 
stuff like that? They let the old 
like me now just shuffle around.
I don't really need to go anywhere,
and anyway, with all I've found,
there's not that much new I care
to do. My fun is right before me,
just with what I see. I can mostly
go anywhere yet  :  not for free,
no, but the most minimal cost,
and I'm not a big eater.
-
It seems to get easier, even though
it's a bit of a pain. I can't think about 
anything too much; it's all memories, 
and, from that, what's the use? A lot
of the guys I used to know are dead.
I can hear them crying, and wonder
where they're buried  -  some, the
ones I don't know. I only have to
find out once, really, because once
you get put down you're put down; 
nobody aims to move you once 
you're dead and buried. Unless
you're an urn of ash on some
mantelpiece that keeps being
moved from town to town.
-
But, I don't keep up and my
address book's closed. I used
to play tennis, but now I just
doze.



No comments: