Thursday, November 16, 2017

10,181. AND HERE'S FOR THE GENUFLECTION

AND HERE'S FOR THE GENUFLECTION
First I suppose it's Happy Birthday, even
though I did give up on all that long ago.
There's a fence around my batting cage
that lets no one in. Those who come and
go just end up avoiding me anyway. The
way a killer avoids Bad Karma. Or tries.
You see, that's a prison in Kansas. Bad
Karma Federal Penitentiary.
-
Just the other day it was Happy Halloween.
Now it's something else, and then another.
Never keep up with that unending line
of froth myself. Turtles like that, they
come and go. People start each one 
earlier now, and it's like they overlap.
-
Just today I saw a sign for 'Santa's
Crackling Freedom Fourth of July
Black Friday Veteran's Day of
Thanksgiving Sale,' and then it
went on how the deals are so good
that Black Friday now is every day!
-
I still get amazed by lightning bugs
and weeping willows; you know, the
way they sway in a nice light breeze.
I've got no time for manufactured things.

No comments: