Thursday, November 2, 2017

10,126. THAT MAN FROM 28 LIVINGSTON

THAT MAN FROM 
28 LIVINGSTON
It's not so bad. Takes one to know
one, I say. Although in his case
'knowing' anything seems rather
absurd. There's a small school
down the street, but even that
probably starts too high for him.
-
So, let's get the penny-whistle out
and start all over. You can watch
traffic, while I start the fire. When
I was a kid, I read all those Horatio
Alger books, as many as I could.
-
There used to be a little library next
to the school  -  gone now, it's just
another county den of thieves watching
kids by day, and they had them all.
Ragged Dick, (had 'em by the bag), 
Phil the Fiddler, and Struggling
Upward. But you wouldn't expect
a man of such stature to recognize
all these things. It's always funny
when the tar-pot sings.


No comments: