Tuesday, November 21, 2017

10,200. BE THE BEHEMOTH YOU WERE MEANT TO BE

BE THE BEHEMOTH YOU 
WERE MEANT TO BE 
If you short-change the guard-house, they will
get you. Never worry about that, they'll find
you no matter. Take up arms, find ruminants
from the fields, beasts of burden, and cattle.
Gather them together and call your place your
own. If others come, let them join you too.
-
My mother had a father who was, it was 
said (I'd heard) a 'mother.' At first I never
understood, but then as the tales came 
through and as I grew, I understood what 
they were saying. Man, a mother he was.
-
I've never found his grave. I've found a
hundred others  -  of writers and painters
musicians and fools  -  but never his. 
Even in death, he is stealthy to me.
So many of these men in my past,
I've never met nor seen. Blood is
thicker than...water?

No comments: