Tuesday, November 28, 2017

10,221. ON EITHER SIDE OF CHRISTMAS

ON EITHER SIDE 
OF CHRISTMAS
And I don't know what it means : alongside
me the old fields sway with a Wintry breeze,
but it can't be that time nearing again, or can 
it? There are a few deer I see on the grass across
the way; I guess they see me too, in that way -
their heads dart up, and freeze, to stare, as if 
to say, 'Oh, you again? Just go away.'
-
I can't, and I won't  -  just like the Winter
approaching, I'm soon to be, and doomed. On
either side of Christmas here, nothing else much
happens now; it's all we'll see and hear. Not
too long for noticing already, but just wishing
it would be gone. Those old Sewaren boats,
a'clunking again; all wrapped up in plastics.
like bad gifts in a crummy hole in the ocean.

No comments: