Thursday, November 23, 2017

10,208. SIT FACING THIS WALL

SIT FACING THIS WALL
The Army manual says I may be dead.
It also says 'Sit facing this wall and shut up.'
So much for closure. You don't set much of
an example for a vegetarian. Sorry I can't
help you, though I would if I could.
-
It's twenty days later now and I'm learning
to stay up late. Sometimes I just stare at the
changing moon; every night, when it's there,
another something different. I sit and try to 
figure out the shape. The crescent, the quarter,
the half.  If the sun's way out there, it's now
throwing light there, which this moon is
here reflecting? Not easy for me.
-
I sort of like things better when direct. The
good part of life, for instance, and quite direct:
when you stop breathing you're dead. Just about
a week ago, I watched some cops as they were
leaving their building. One at a time, not together,
to get to their different cars. Not a one of them really
looked up. I could have been a cop-killer, 20 yards off,
just watching them and they'd not have noticed.
-
Isn't there a procedure where they're supposed to,
at least, scan their immediate surroundings? If
they can't even do that, what's the rest of it all for?



No comments: