Tuesday, November 14, 2017

10,174. RADICAL PARTICLES

RADICAL PARTICLES
Not liking too much, Robert, yeah,
but, you know, I mean, no. You
haven't been watching? No, not
really. You wish you could go to
what? Splash Mountain? What's
that? Whatever it is, it doesn't
sound near as good as just saying
here. My mother used to put rice
in the salt. I think it was rice.
To prevent caking from moisture.
Probably not 'caking,' but I do
forget what it's called. Clumping?
When the salt sticks together.
She said she would have done it
with the sugar too, but it was in
a bowl, and you couldn't possibly
spoon out rice with your sugar.
A shaker, like salt, was different.
Unless you're a cereal, I said; it was
meant as a joke, but it went right
over her head. Cereals put sugar
in everything  - rice, wheat, oats,
bran, whatever the crazy cereal has
to start out with, it gets sugar too.
So I never knew her point  -  I
guess it went right over my head
then too. So, I tried recovering,
and I said, the rice in the sugar,
or salt too, for that matter, is just
like a radical particle, maybe,
no one knows what to do with it.
I still don't think it clicked.

No comments: