Monday, April 20, 2015

6631. MANKIND'S METAMORPHOSIS

MANKIND'S 
METAMORPHOSIS
These railroad tracks are spiked through my brain,
taking structure from only the lay of the land. I can
see with my eyes where they rise and they fall.
These simplest of steel ride with all. 
-
How far away, then, can my deliverance be?
I may walk with the best of them, or I might fly;
I can wander aimlessly until something arises, or
get myself to the very next depot all right.
-
I do want to change : into  -  not a butterfly, but
just a butterfly's wing. I do want to alter the pace
of my walking days  -  ambulate to circulate and
then to come back home again. Home, train, home.
-
Let me ride these rails of mind as I alternate my
shapes  :  meta-morphing into all that I would
ever be. And all that I would imagine, and
all that I can see. I am better, for that.


No comments: