Monday, April 27, 2015

6659. EATING IN THE BIG HILTON

EATING IN THE BIG HILTON
There's love and life and lust. And then
there's character assassaination : they all
can be made to go together easily. Like 
when the wind and the rain comes to spoil 
a day, what then is one supposed to say?
-
Or do? These portentous times become omens.
Someone once told me the shape of clouds and
the light of the day could foretell to him the mood
of all that is - pretentious crap, I always thought,
but, then again, who knows? It was him, it was
never me. Some twerp on a tarmac, waiting for
his plane. Can tell his mood by this lack of rain?
-
Now I'm eating at the big Hilton. They have this
roasted vegetable platter that's pretty good  -  then
with some wine it all goes down fine. Tell me thirty
years ago I'd be here doing this  -  I'd have laughed
in your face. Things are different now, those days
left no trace. There's love, and there's life,
and there's lust, I've found out; pick
one as a base and stand there.

No comments: