Thursday, April 23, 2015

6645. MESMERIZE THE MEMORIZER

MESMERIZE THE MEMORIZER
Well, there's no figuring for that  -  elephants are
gone from the circus now, and this is end-times for
sure : I know the moon is halved. I know that the
summoning of Jupiter is underway. We read the 
omens in  lozenge-like entrails of dreams and 
nightmares alike. The child wakes up, and the
mother says 'what's that all over the bed?'.
-
'Just the dreams of my nightmare self, mother
dear.' Intent on all survival, I want to tell these
stories : the baseball man is an idiot, and he's 
swung for those fences again. Crowds cheer.
-
Figuring for that? Nothing left in the three-ring
format? Who was that elephant they electrocuted
in 1903? Topsy, a female elephant, retired from
Ringling Brothers, electrocuted by Thomas Edison
as a public display of his current, and to  -  more
importantly, I'm betting  -  to publicize the opening
of Luna Park at Coney Island.
-
I want to say. What. The. Fuck?
Guilt travels all these years, in a
very closed circuit; and I hope 
they've all burned in their Hell.

No comments: