Sunday, April 26, 2015

6655. BOOK OF HOURS

BOOK OF HOURS
I'd like someday to write my own Book of Hours,
beginning with six-thirty, about so many things I
do not understand. Nothing spectacular, just the
mundane. Like about making coffee; how each
roaster is different, yes, and that determines what
different amounts of grind to use. Optimal? What
is it, one scoop for one cup, one cup per two scoops,
two scoops for three cups? How and when am I
supposed to know that? And learn it from where,
except from experience. Made too weak, it's useless;
made too strong, you can always, I guess, water it 
down some through the water reservoir heating, anew,
nmore fresh water. Beats me; but that would cover,
pretty well, six-thirty. Along with other observations :
how rabid is the sunlight in the morning, beaming 
and beating and heating already so soon? Or, on 
Winter mornings, how far has the snow advanced 
since last night's steady falling, and do I
really want to know?

No comments: