Sunday, April 5, 2015

6569. WHAT I WANT

WHAT I WANT
Really, listen for a moment, hear me out:
what I want is an illustrated history of your
heart and mind. All of you. Humans on parade.
What I want is to be able to find the way in  - 
hearts and minds, flutters and fires, what makes
you all tick and why do I love it so? I was once
a total stranger, born to sole-living and walking
in woods alone. Practicing for the Oratorical Contest
in the South Jersey Pines, I'd walk the sandy woods 
with a pebble in my mouth, following the lead of
that Greek orator Demosthenes  -  it aids diction, 
clarifies the speaking. It did, I guess, I won. He did
it walking along beaches. I did it in the pines.
-
Then I awoke from a slumbered sleep of a reverie
I knew I'd never understand without an outreach to
every girl and man. Here's my paddle, that's my oar; I
I am out, a'sea, on your lake of Being. Can you 
help me propel this flimsy craft?

No comments: