Thursday, April 16, 2015

6611. 'P' FOR PREPOSTEROUS

'P' FOR PREPOSTEROUS
I am standing here, derelict and out of sorts,
watching blue paint fold wetly its own streaks
and spray. The book in my hand is some annotated
crap I've looked at a hundred times but never found
the key for  -  a reference for every passing line some
master may have said or written. Do you think I need
harbor resentment? Or care that 'what Wilhelm Meister
meant here is most advocated now by the likes of
Kierkegaard versus Sartre, to put it in more modern
terms.' First off, there's nothing modern about that :
do you think those guys in the Lascaux caves were
there to just paint a good time? I've seen naked
cave-girls, and they weren't really much of a thrill.
It's no wonder they painted bison or deer. If that's
what it was. I took a two-week sabbatical with
Delacroix, and all he did was look at the sky
to surmise what the land perhaps was thinking.
How's that? In the present day it's a 'perfect 
day for bananfish', and then we die.

No comments: