Friday, April 17, 2015

6617. THE GRAY GLIMMER OF A DISTANT STAR

THE GREY GLIMMER 
OF A DISTANT STAR
You have hammered now this silver sheet 
into the starry sky of a Heaven  -  like ancients
beneath the black-burn sky, we look upwards
in wonderment. We are still here? And why?
I can ask no man to address me directly, for I
won't hold answers to me chest : open book, the
lore of encyclopedic learning, the whiz of
a thousand whiz-kids cheating to get ahead. I
know what all that's about, and it has nothing
to do with these moments. Look, the comet
pierces a blackness and I can read the stalk.
On balmy days, just like this one, there's always 
a sudden shower that ruins the day. Temperatures
drop, and winds flare. I have to keep my mind
on constant fix : the stars, the sky, the distance.

No comments: