Friday, April 17, 2015

6615. MARVELING AT TIME AND CIRCUMSTANCE

MARVELING AT TIME 
AND CIRCUMSTANCE
Born with a glum mouth already over, I look out
over all these confessional lands : watching the 
flower-show, watching the seasons, watching my 
hands. Any far field that I inhabit for a time will
take me somewhere. Here, in this small garden, I
may rest or just wait. I want to go home again too.
-
Let me share the lemon. Let me share the vinegar.
Let me have the upper sky in all its outer reaches  -
good or bad  -  I'll take the false perimeter of that
racing missle's arcing curve and wear it like a tie.
I have no response to anything, no response at all.
-
Marvin and Alexandra, Hettie and McCoy, Artemis
and Theodorus, names and words on walls of time.
I am marveling at everything I see.

No comments: