Wednesday, June 25, 2014

5515. THINGS I'VE WANTED TO SAY

THINGS I'VE WANTED TO SAY
Are things never said before. I understand the
color of your iced-radish soup, something like
matching your eyes. I find that I listen really
good to foreign policy speeches  -  the kind
there used to be with Nixon and Johnson and
Ford. No one has them now, least of all the
current guy in the shed. I used to enjoy them :
strategies and reasonings for killing ten thousand,
for paying Monsanto for all that Napalm, for giving
Boeing their millions for airships that kill. For 'thanking'
the soldiers who'd done it all? Bullshit forever,
my country reeks of thee.
-
Now, I don't know, I've lost all that and don't
want to listen to crap. I'm too old for bullshit and
having nothing to gain. My clock's running out, and
the sand in my hourglass runs right up my ass. What
difference does anything make? There's a lawyer
for every sop, and a sop  -  as needed  -  for every
foul-mouthed lawyer who wants to run a play.
-
Ticket's to the Super Bowl? Want to go see the Olympics?
Soccer your game? Come with me  -  I can win this case for
you, take all your dough, and handle your bankruptcy too.
Perks and gratuities; that's how it's played.

No comments: