Monday, June 23, 2014

5507. YOU WANT AN ABSTRACT WATER SOURCE?

YOU WANT AN 
ABSTRACT WATER SOURCE?
My tears in a bucket, how would that do? I can't
bend over any deeper than this; my sorrow is
already to painful to bear, and for anyone else
to watch. This stuff should never see the light
of day. Witness the oasis, but then let it fade.
-
You want an abstract resignation? You want
me to say I give up : okay, that's pretty easy.
Time on your hands is time on my head. I'll be
here when the lilac's bloom again.
-
The primrose lane is paved. Achilles' tendon
is still hurting in the absence and that big monster
from 'Gilgamesh' is dead. Something's gurgling
in the age-old water. We are men, and part of
Mankind's mess  -  old, with swagger and pus,
strong and delirious, grown wild with desire,
and now...so tired. You want an abstract
water source? Leave that to us.


No comments: