Wednesday, June 11, 2014

5465. HERE THE DARTBOARD STANDS

HERE THE DARTBOARD STANDS
Draw me a stage of my heart, pick the moment
you like  -  then aim your dart and throw. Wherever 
it hits, I will feel it  -  wherever. There is no better
moment than the one I'm in right now. The icicle has
peeled the frosting from my own sense of self.
-
I am serene. In walking along this siding  -  so much that
is empty and gone  -  I am serene. the cemetery nearby, 
now whitened and smothered in an early morning form 
of fog and dew, slowly tries awakening but cannot. Will
not. Let the dead bury the dead and there they'll stay.
-
The capstone and the cornerstone are both alike  -  signifying
something like a sound and a fury, topping the ledge where
we'll make memory of the world we're in. Part of that is
automatic, the rest we do ourselves, quite deliberately too.
-
Some morning creep nearby now is simply stuck in place;
revving his car  -  much as an idiot would crayon a wall  -
revving his car for nothing at all. In place. Singularly, and
going nowhere. Oh, how I do love the symbolism of all
the things I see. I ladle it all with baggage, giving meanings
each of my doubts. I am here. I am not really here at all.

No comments: