Friday, June 20, 2014

5495. WHY I'VE GOT TO EVADE YOU (the modern age)

WHY I'VE GOT TO EVADE YOU
(the modern age)
The sullen vase sits upon the shelf  -  motiveless,
as if it had a meaning to divulge but cared no to.
I meander over to inspect the flowers, as if I too
had reason to do so. I don't. There is none.
-
This is another happening : tomorrow's venture
blistered into a liquid-filled heart set to burst.
Dim light thwarts any reading  -  of this place,
this thing, or the situation at hand. I assume we 
have been here before. That sort of 
familiarity breeds a contempt.
-
Once I saw a car after it crashed; split straight
around and up a roadside telephone pole. Occupants
were all over the grass  -  shattered would be too 
good a word. The silence around the scene was as
odd as the still-spinning right front wheel higher up
the pole. There was no motive or reason.
-
Right then I could have been far away, someplace 
else, watching all this on screen, or between blinders,
or through a 3-D lens. It's as if I remembered common
things of some thirty years before. So much has changed,
yet a memory lingers.
-
Alone, I am sitting here to write to you.
Singly, I am amassing letters to words to sentence 
to message  -  the thin bronze of sequel to event, after
the fact. These are difficult times, all around us,
and for me, each of us, all.
-
I wish nothing but joyous news.
I want to live forever.

No comments: