Sunday, June 15, 2014

5472. BULLDOZING EVERYTHING ELSE

BULLDOZING EVERYTHING ELSE
Eyes run over the pasture like cows; bulls running 
amok with possibility. The horse fence is leaning, 
still nicely-painted, but leaning. Outside this big
perimeter, the two Fordson tractors still idle.
It is morning in the light of another day.
-
I am forty three miles away from any city : in
whichever direction my eyes go there is space
and silence. Nothing to aggrieve: the tenement rows
are gone, and all those noisy people. Those hawking
their filigrees are forgotten and lost. Only a cape of
green is over the Earth-lady's broad land, like love.
-
Let me put this squarely : I am living many lives 
at once. I am the wandering swordsman, I am 
Don Quixote, I am Hannibal and I am Laurence 
Sterne. All this these all wrapped in one, they 
make me what I am, together.

No comments: