Tuesday, June 10, 2014

5463. I HAD TO

I HAD TO
The drumbeat slowly thudded, long and away  -  they
threw flowers on some awkward grave. I wanted to
utter a curse instead. I had to disengage all of my peers;
there weren't any left and those that were were not. No 
manner of mind or speaking could bring me back. They had
not left me, I had left them. A hen-fat cinderblock hammock,
like a closed mind to a doorway opened, kept me laughing
well within. 'I make things up, I just go on'. Two of the
locale gendarmes were throwing up in the weeds. The
Campari brothers I swore to call them  -  their belt-strap,
the bullets, their black leather belts. All the useless shiny
things of rigor and mortis combined : follow these rules
and take these orders. We only eat at certain times, and at
those times you must. They were probably just still eighteen
and already looking for a free ride for life. How useless,
how useless all of this can become so quickly.

No comments: