Sunday, June 22, 2014

5502. I WENT ON FROM THERE

I WENT ON FROM THERE
Midnight in Moscow, or some other precious time : I
walked past the Outbid Palace, crying in my heart.
This yesterday was over and all the diamonds in the
Orthodox world could never outdo these icons in
my mind. I remembered where I'd been, and why.
-
Outside the hilltop mansion, on some Catskill peak,
all those dogs barking and the man with the Jeep;
two sacks of groceries, to keep him a week. He's
hard at work, hiding out, seeking solace, away
from the world as on an Alpine peak.
-
Sometimes it happens like this, even before we get old:
confused and audacious, not knowing the this from the that,
mixed up with all things, the eithers and the ors. I am a
shining urn, dispensing some rich, dark flow. I bring,
or at least I hope to bring, a Grace to the world,
of a heavenly place and presence never seen
before. As 'adios' means 'go with God',
so too I mean every word.

No comments: