Saturday, June 7, 2014

5451. LINING UP IN THREE'S AND IN TWO'S

LINING UP IN THREE'S 
AND IN TWO'S
I went to the attic through the basement; never really 
got anywhere - no one told me the lake was in the kitchen.
Had I heard anything new, I would have probably listened,
but as it was I was late from home and just getting back as I
was leaving. The lake was overflowing, the drain was stuck,
and the back-punch machine was spitting out only quarters.
I ran to the walk and stood still, just thinking what to do.
Thinking in three's and in two's. I lined up the pace in my 
shoes. The car I was walking went out for a ride; I was done.
-
The next thing I heard it was Saturday again and there was
just nothing left to be done : the carport was open, the garage
door was closed, couldn't enter, couldn't walk, couldn't drive
anyway. Darkness on the edge of town? Never bothered
me before. The man with the candle came by. We sat
and we drank, but all he was drinking was light and I only
drink regular. None of that one percent stuff for me.
(Lining up by two and by three).


No comments: