Sunday, June 22, 2014

5505. IT HAS SOMEHOW OCCURRED

IT HAS SOMEHOW OCCURRED
It has somehow occurred to me that I am always alone, with
no one to talk with and no one to reach. Solitary confinement
like this is a bitch. Can you hear me, then, can you? A minute
into morning, and I'm already lost in the rest of the day  -  a dim
light at the station, where the one lamp, near to my head, has
been out for 6 months. I sit nevertheless, awaiting. Just the
other afternoon, coming in the other way, I saw there was 
a painter crew from the railroad there, with ladders and
maintenance stuff. But they were just sitting, more lost in
space than I ever am. I hope it was break time for them;
and I bet that lamp-light is still gone. So little gets done
by so much and so many. So, as I sit, I hear the sounds
of cars and a bus  -  the taxi guys, as always, drumming
their foul minds on the tops of their cars, waiting for
fares while they smoke. Drink cheap coffee from the
handicapped guy. Eat donuts from the donut guy's
truck. Might as well be a tomb. They're all gonna'
die from those habits real soon. I'll say 
goodbye if I have to, I guess.

No comments: