Sunday, June 22, 2014

5503. 50,000 LUCKIES

50,000 LUCKIES
And why not. Sometimes the easy way out : every
chance is another disclaimer; something to be said
for nothing. I built this wooden shed in three days with 
about three hundred nails, who's counting. There I
brought it up. A wooden shack with a painted door, a
window made of rotgut and a shelf for twenty bottles.
500 hundred books later, here I still sit.
-
I found myself in love with round numbers after the
day I met you : a penchant for iambic, I am like that.
Multiply the force by the acclamations of love  -  one
hundred five hundred a thousand lines an inch. Well,
there, the opposite of Haiku  -  so much piled on
information that the pattern and the lines are infinite.
-
Heard it before, done it all. Every heartbeat, 
another excuse for something.

No comments: