Monday, June 9, 2014

5459. THE NAME OF THE LAND IS COTTON CANDY

THE NAME OF THE 
LAND IS COTTON CANDY
All these mixed-up cards are confusing now : the 
landscape seems made of silent maps. Everywhere 
there are lines and caves and hollows and hills. 
What dump-sweep master dreamed this up? 
West Virginia has its cyclotron drama. 
Delaware has its dream..
-
I don't care for anything anymore. Charley West, 
it's all over. I took down the lamp from the barnyard 
shelves, the place where, as it were, I 'found' you and 
Lula embracing. The river was running right by your necks. 
Conestoga, Monongahela, Sweetbriar and Shenandoah. 
Water running, south, north, east and west 
(your hand was on her chest).
- 
For myself, I loved America when it was a problem, 
not a solution. A wild, obstreperous child, not a 
correctly-enamored gentility licking its own chops.
Now - fuck - I just hate everything I see : the carnivals
with no daring rides, the circus clowns with business
cards, the race-car drivers with their air-bag asses.
No one takes chances anymore on the Midway rides.

No comments: