Wednesday, April 24, 2013

4312. THE EXECUTIONER

THE EXECUTIONER 
(familiarity and degradation)
Only those already with title are
given another title  -  the peerage
of such kingship decrees, yet I
spit on your mantle, my good
Lord Charles. Such a mad and
maneuvered comedy bespeaks
nothing at all to me  -  and this
I ask: Where has your peerage
come from, and where will it be
going? For the lines of your
enchantment take me nowhere.
-
I too have hammock and bed,
and a carriage and a dog who
adores me. My own peerage is
worth a counsel to the King, and I
can speak better words than that
insipid coal-car of a nothing. The
better part of him dripped down his
mother's chin and wet her thighs with
leakage. So take my head, you bastard
fool, disarm me now. I welcome such a
public death before the all to see. You
may take my head and loins, but
you shall not take me.

No comments: